Visual Studio Paranoia Lasts a Long Time...
As an aside to my recent rant about VS.NET, I just realised today a lingering paranoia resulting from my use of the early betas over four years ago...
Basically, I hit ctl+s after I type every line of code; it's automatic - I don't even know I'm doing it. I'm obviously paranoid about leaving any unsaved changes, as I still remember the utter horror and heartbreak of having my work swallowed up by a VS.NET crash. VS doesn't even crash that much these days, but I still do it. Sometimes I hit ctl+s two or three times in succession, just in case...
Turns out I also do it when I'm using MS Word.
I can understand the jibes of the Linux crowd about MS products; while they're a lot more stable these days than they used to be, and a lot more secure, there's still that lingering paranoia that won't go away, justified or not.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home