Friday, January 07, 2005

66% of Microsoft Employees Prefer... Google!

...allegedly...

Personally, I can't understand why MS are bthering with MSN Search; it's like they're using it as a placeholder until they get WinFS / "Longhorn" out the door and introduce a bit of innovation (instead of just reproducing what's already there); and that might be a very long time indeed.

I found out a new (well, new to me) feature of Google the other day: type links: followed by a url and it will show you all the pages that contain links to the url.

Other Google features that I use on a regular basis: site: (search only the specified site, e.g. site:www.microsoft.com tablet pc form factors - try it, it works better than Microsoft's own site search!) and define: (get a definition for a specified word, e.g. define:ontology).

I use Google along with LostGoggles (formerly known as MoreGoogle), and I can't imagine using another search engine. The only feature I want now is a temporal dimension to the search, but I guess I can wait for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home